Power of Connection
At the core of our model are people. We believe technology is a tool to enhance the art of teaching and learning. Our staff are experts in their craft. They embody our core values and are dedicated to living their purpose. In virtual learning, the entire team sits at the table to support student success, with the student being at the head of the table driving the final decisions. Each learner has access to the following:
- An Academic Coach
- A College and Career Counselor
The student’s team works together to ensure that each child is able to meet WorldOver’s rigorous learning standards.
- Create their own content in our learning management system.
- Are experts in their content area.
- Are experts in project-based learning, online learning, and timeless best practices of teaching and learning to support a wide variety of learning styles.
- Customize that content as needed for the individual learner with pacing guides, suggested enrichment activities, one-to-one live support, and alternative project ideas when needed.
- Hold weekly live face-to-face classes and office hours to facilitate collaboration and discussion and support learning.
- Assess student work, providing detailed feedback for revision and growth.
- Serve as portfolio advisors and mentors.
- Are experts in your child’s learning skills and areas of interest (for example, our Artist Cohort is led by an academic coach with a background and professional experience in visual or performing arts)
- Walk alongside learners from the first day of enrollment through graduation.
- Serve as a concierge or liaison of the comprehensive learning experience, including the following:
- Social-emotional well-being.
- Student life outside of school (acting, sports, work, volunteerism, support, resources).
- Co-creating and serving as the keeper of an Individualized Learning Plan for each student.
- Leading weekly synchronous Advisory Labs for collaboration, portfolio preparation, problem-solving, and social-emotional wellness for each cohort.
- Teaching the Advisory Elective to their cohort of learners.
- Leading an extracurricular endeavor linked to their own passion or talent.
- Monitoring learner portfolio creation, curation, and defense.
- Advocating with students for adjustments in learning in academic courses.
- Troubleshooting roadblocks or potential points of failure.
- Meeting with each learner monthly.
- Meet with learners at a minimum of two times per year to create, monitor, adjust, and support a college/career plan.
- Support the portfolio process.
- Support the Individualized Learning Plan.