Mission and Founding Values
WorldOver International School is a nonprofit private online school. We believe in the power of 21C technology and distance tools to reach students across the globe. We strive to inspire joy, wonder, and discovery about the world we live in, along with the courage to make a difference.
WorldOver International School fosters a global, virtual ecosystem for students in grades TK-12 to thrive. Borderless learning for students across the globe leads us to discover that we are more similar than different — and that together, we can solve problems. Using the best of 21C technology, collaboration tools, design thinking, project-based learning, and a focus on the whole child, WorldOver International School provides a comprehensive educational experience. An experience that fosters global relationships, spurs local action, cultivates student interests and strengths, enhances critical-thinking skills, and develops lifelong learners who become problem-solvers and changemakers in their communities and the world.
Globally connected. Locally impacted.
Profile of a Learner
WorldOver students will work to continually embody the WorldOver Learner Profile:
- Empowered Human
- Digital Citizen
- Global Citizen
*Based on the ISTE Standards for Students
Our students are…
- Online learning breaks down the walls of the classroom and puts the world at our fingertips.
- Youth have the power to lead and create — right here, right now.
- Students should have the freedom to construct their own knowledge and meaning from rigorous academic content and apply it to real-world scenarios.
- Formal and informal education are not separate. Life should inform learning, and learning should be integrated into a holistic model of TK-12 formal education.
- Learning should develop mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual intelligence.
- Online learning does not mean sitting in front of a screen all day.
- Teachers are masters at designing and facilitating a learning experience when they have the autonomy to develop their own curriculum.
- We all work better in collaboration.
- Productive struggle and failure are part of the learning process.
- High expectations need high levels of support.
- Learning flows both ways. We learn as much from our students and families as they learn from us.
- Cultural humility, bridging divides, and seeking first to understand should be at the heart of all relationships we form.
- Parents and family units are important.
What we are not:
- A digital textbook company or a digital textbook with quizzes for mastery.
- A high-volume virtual school that shuffles students to credits or diplomas.
- Robots. Computerized/adaptive learning that looks only for superficial regurgitation of standards.
- Passive. Rigid.
What we are:
- A comprehensive learning system that allows students (learners) of all types to succeed at knowledge acquisition and more importantly, application.
- A high quality private online school that provides authentic opportunities for students to earn credits and diplomas as a milestone for greater things (college/career)
- An organization with outstanding educators that write, teach, and evaluate/grade coursework and guide learners.
- While we may use technology as a tool for part of a student’s individual learning plan, we are masters at whole-child learning.
- Engaging, hands-on, and active. We strive for engaged, authentic learning in which you become the producer of knowledge.