Japanese for High School, Year 1, Semester 2
Students will expand their basic vocabulary into short phrases and learn learn second of three writing systems, Katakana.
- Grade Level(s): 9,10,11,12
- Duration: 16 Weeks
- Live Meetings: 32
Meeting Times:Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00 - 6:00 PM PT or 7:00 - 8:00 PM PT
In the second semester of Year 1, Japanese, students will build their fluency skills through daily conversational Japanese. The focus will be on listening, speaking, understanding, and reading the second of three writing systems, Katakana. This course meets the National World Language Proficiency standards.
*Materials cover “Adventures in Japanese” textbook, Year 1, by Hiromi Peterson.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic information on familiar daily topics
- Recognize memorized words, phrases, and simple sentences
- Identify similarities and differences in spelling and pronunciation of target vocabulary
- Respect the rights, responsibilities, and opportunities of living, learning, and working in an interconnected digital world
- Students should be able to express themselves clearly and creatively for a variety of purposes using appropriate platforms, tools and formats