Japanese for High School, Year 1, Semester 1
Students will learn basic vocabulary and the first of three writing systems, Hiragana.
- Grade Level(s): 9,10,11,12
- Duration: 16 Weeks
- Live Meetings: 32
Meeting Times:Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00 - 6:00 PM PT or 7:00 - 8:00 PM PT
In the first semester of Year 1 Japanese, students will build their fluency skills through daily conversational Japanese. The focus will be on listening, speaking, understanding, and reading Hiragana. This course meets the National World Language Proficiency standards.
*Materials cover “Adventures in Japanese” textbook, Year 1, by Hiromi Peterson.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic information on familiar daily topics
- Recognize memorized words, phrases, and simple sentences
- Identify similarities and differences in spelling and pronunciation of target vocabulary
- Respect the rights, responsibilities, and opportunities of living, learning, and working in an interconnected digital world
- Students should be able to express themselves clearly and creatively for a variety of purposes using appropriate platforms, tools and formats