Digital Arts for High School A: Transforming Activism Through Art
Select a cause you are passionate about and create art to further the cause.
Art, English, Social Science
- Grade Level(s): 9,10,11,12
- Duration: 16 Weeks
- Live Meetings: 16
Meeting Times:Mondays - 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PT All courses are a combination of synchronous and asynchronous meetings. If a different meeting time is needed, we may be able to help; contact us at email@example.com.
Students investigate the influence of art and media on social causes. They select a cause they are passionate about and further that cause through art. Students learn about various print, 3D, and digital art forms. They may attend weekly discussions to problem-solve issues and ignite each other’s creativity. All artistic skill levels welcome, but learners must be passionate about art.
- Develop research and inquiry skills
- Apply note-taking skills
- Implement project management skills
- Understand the strengths/limitations of technological tools and mediums - use those best suited for communication
- Apply research and artistic skill to student art