Dual Immersion Spanish Language Program
Nuestro mundo juntos
What is Dual Immersion?
Spanish Dual Language Immersion is an opportunity to develop high-level linguistic skills and academic proficiency based on the Common Core Standards in Spanish and English while fostering global competency and global citizenship.
- Equip students with the skills that will enable them to communicate bilingually and biculturally.
- Develop skills that will allow students to compete effectively in a global community.
- Develop listening, speaking, reading, writing, and global competence skills in two languages
- Develop proficiency in all academic content areas in two languages
- Use technology and other sources to gather information
- Increase awareness of student’s own culture and appreciation of other cultures
Benefits of Dual Language Immersion:
- Career Opportunities
- Socio-Cultural Connections
- Academic Success
- Active and Healthy Brain
How does Dual Immersion work online?
- 90% of the online instruction and activities will be provided in Spanish
- Native Spanish speaking facilitator
- Combination of synchronous and asynchronous digital experiences
- (3) twenty to sixty-minute live sessions per week to optimize live instructional time with independent learning, practice, and flexibility.
- Full project-based learning and play-based activities on an app-based, icon-based learning platform ideal for younger learners.
- Monthly conference sessions to monitor progress and provide personalized support
- Digital Portfolio
I don’t speak another language. How can I support dual immersion learning at home?
- Participate in community cultural field trips to a museum, art exhibit, etc. where the culture of another group is valued (virtual or in-person)
- Encourage your child to watch cartoons or appropriate programs in Spanish.
- Listen to music in Spanish (WorldOver offers custom Spotify playlists by grade level for your enjoyment)
- Utilize technology resources in Spanish.
- Encourage your child to check out Spanish books from the library, including the International Digital Children’s Library.
- Serve as an audience for your child when they speak, read, write, or dramatize in Spanish and be an active participant in what your child is learning and learn with them.
- Connect with community members, neighbors, and events for your child to speak Spanish with others.
Dual Immersion Spanish Kindergarten/1st Grade Founding Cohort:
We are now enrolling a small cohort of students for full-time immersion learning at home. The cohort will continue thru grade 12 as the program grows.
Check out our private online course catalog for a live weekly Spanish social group for ages 5-8.